|Can you please tell me when DRPS is hiring again?|
Thank you for your interest in the Durham Regional Police Service.
At this time we do not have any Police Constable Recruit positions available and do not expect to hire before late 2012. We are still encouraging applicants to apply online. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us at 905.579.1520 ext. 4341.
Below you will find the basic requirements to become a police constable, the information on obtaining your OACP certificate (which is mandatory), and the steps on how to apply to our service.
All applicants must meet the following basic requirements:
• Possess an O.A.C.P. Certificate of Results (This is obtained through Applicant Testing Services at www.applicanttesting.com)
• Be a Canadian citizen or Permanent resident of Canada
• Be 18 years of age or older
• Be physically and mentally able to perform the duties of the position
• Have successfully completed secondary school or the approved equivalent to the Ontario education system
(Official transcripts and diplomas are required; where education has been completed outside the province of Ontario, official proof of equivalency must be provided.)
• Be of good moral character
• Not have criminal convictions for which a pardon has not been granted
• Possess valid driver's license (minimum Glass G) with no more than six demerit points
• Meet required vision standards of uncorrected visual acuity of at least 20/40 binocularly; corrected visual acuity should be at least 20/20 binocularly, with normal colour vision
• Meet required hearing standards
• Possess a current Stand First Aid certificate and a current CPR certificate (Basic Rescuer Level C)
To prepare your application I suggest contacting Applicant Testing Services at www.applicanttesting.com. This is an independent firm that specializes in conducting screening tests for police hiring. Upon completing all testing, you will be issued an OACP certificate which is required for the application process with most Ontario Police Services.
How to apply:
For direct consideration into our process please visit our website at www.drps.ca and follow these steps:
-click on our Careers section
-click on Recruiting (located at the top of this page)
-then click on “apply for a job with DRPS now”
-The next page will list all the jobs that are available for both sworn and civilians.