Please see below the steps in applying for Youth in Policing (YIP). As a part of the selection for this position, all applicants will be assessed through an application review, interview, and background investigation.
How to Apply
Step 1: Review program details and eligibility: https://www.drps.ca/yip
Step 2: Complete YIP Google Forms Application.
- Part 1: Personal information
- Part 2: Eligibility
- Part 3: Questionnaire
- Part 4: Self-Identification Survey
- Part 5: Declaration
Applicants who fail to submit a completed application will NOT be considered. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please advise the contact name on the posting. Appropriate assistance will be provided pursuant to the Service's Accessibility directive. The Durham Regional Police Service is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest.
Application & Interview Tips for Success
- Use full sentences and fill the space provided on your application to maximize your chance of getting an interview
- Learn a bit about Youth in Policing in preparation for your interview
- Dress for success, look presentable for your interview
- Come with a positive attitude and a smile
- Think about yourself! What are your strengths and weaknesses? Do you have examples
- Ask us questions! We love to hear from you